Saturday, January 19, 2008

One Day to Go - January 20

I have finished all but 4 items on the To Do list - they'll get done - but I have stopped packing. The sleeping bag, bed mat, towels, pillow and tin holding all the pharmacy things takes up 80% of my one bag. It doesn't come close to weighing 70 pounds - but there is not much more room. So, I will take a carry-on and hope to squeeze LOTS into it. Clothes would be nice. Shampoo and soap too. Yes, I will be using a bucket and a cup for showers but I do want some soap.

Will pack later. Perhaps the suitcase will grow.

Next entry will be from India!

6 comments:

Shelley said...

Hey, clothes aren't everything. It will probably be too hot to wear clothes anyway, right? Plus, you'll want to blend in quickly to the local community, which means... zero fashion fuss; and that 'well-used' aroma.

I know you'll do great!

bcates said...

Hi Donna!
Thanks for the email notification of your pending trip. Congratulation on being so adventurous and so giving. They will get a great deal out of your service to the kids, and no doubt, so will you. We wait with bated breath to hear more...

wizmo said...

Bruce forwarded me your email. How great, something completely different and unknown! I look forward to hearing about your experiences. Fantastic brave move Miz K

XOXO bean

heyyou said...

I am so proud of you Donna! Have a wonderful trip! Don't forget to enjoy Delhi too!
love, Shannon

marcia said...

Skip the chothes; just go native and wear whatever they wear. I am fascinated and envious of your adventure. I hope you've arrived safely by this time.

wizmo said...

Ooh, I agree with Marcia. I could so see you in a sari!