Well, I did it - had my first acupuncture treatment. 10 needles went in - 3 in the top of each hand, one on my forehead, one on each side of my nose (those I felt the most - but not at all painful) and one on one arm. I stayed relaxed for 30 minutes. I'll give you a tip if you ever decide to have it - do NOT move once the needles are in place. I moved one hand, oh so slightly, and it hurt - a real sharp muscle pain.
What surprised me is that I was suddenly able to breathe through my nose while lying down. I always have to breathe through my mouth when I am in a reclining position - sinuses fill up. I was amazed - so I used the time to practice deep breathing a la Ravishankar.
Unfortunately, when I sat up the sinuses filled up again. I was better - but also was taking the Chinese herb pills. So who knows what worked.
As the afternoon progressed, the pressure in my sinuses built up and I was really not happy. I tried taking a nap but the congestion pressure just wouldn't let up. I gave up an outing this evening with "the Americans" to see arati (evening prayers) in Haridwar - people float candles on little boats down the Ganges - and a restaurant dinner. None of it sounded good to me - just wanted the pressure to stop.
The wonderful man who had given me the acupuncture treatment said he will check on me this evening and give me another treatment if I want it. I considered it - then looked at my tin filled with Western Medicine. I knew decongestant pills were in there, just waiting for me. After about a minute's thought, I went over, grabbed the pills, popped them in my mouth, and now, an hour later, feel much better. There is much to say for Western Medicine!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment