Saturday, March 8, 2008
Two Ripe Mangos – March 8
Any one who knows me knows that I love baby buns. I love to squeeze 'em and pat 'em. Some friends have kindly suggested that I shouldn’t tell people because it sounds a tad weird to admit you love baby buns. Well, this morning I was walking over to the infant section and there was Vandana, the youngest Ashram child – 5 months old – stark naked, wiggling around in joy, ready for her bath. I stopped to take her in my arms for just a quick minute and admitted to Swapna, her caregiver here at the Ashram (and one of the people I spoke with at Mt Madonna when deciding whether or not to come to India) that I love baby buns. She laughed and said that all Indians love baby buns – in fact they have a special name for the wonder of baby buns – they call them “two ripe mangos.” I was enchanted. Okay, everybody, it is NOT a slight perversion. I do NOT need to attend a 12-step program for my obsession. I can now stand up and say, “Like wise Indians everywhere, I LOVE baby ripe mangos!”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment